SVGcuts!

Pages

Friday, July 30, 2010

ty for craft glue

Hi all. Well my glasses are still not here, arg UPS says next week, soooooooooooooo I got inventive with aleene's tacky glue. As long as I put 5 or 6 coats of glue on the break , I get 5 or so hours of wearing my glasses. Yippee. The first thing I did was start my cricut and told her how much I loved her and how much I missed her. Then I proceeded to cut out 100 snowflakes. Yp I said 100. The thought being .... last year i bought these small metal snowflakes from wal mart ( nice but expensive) so this year I tried cutting them. It worked great except I would suggest having something else to do in the time being. I think it took my cricut 1 and a half hours to cut them. They are great and I would cut them again.
I thought I would share my mat cleaning tactics ...

1. Wipe your mat with baby wipes after a few cuts , it helps with the little bits of paper
2. When I want to do a complete clean ( about once a month or so) I was my mat with GO-JO , the stuff    used in car places for getting grease and stuff off your hands. Put a tablespoon or 2 on your mat and rub it with your finger tips. Rinse well let dry, they are like new( very sticky). My favorite trick!
3. When I do find I need more stick on my mat, I use Krylon  Easy-tack repositionable adhesive.
4. Always keep mat covered when not in use .. the dust will play a part in cuts if it builds up.
5. this hint is not about the mat but It helps my cuts ...... I soak my blades in a little bit of methyl hydrate at night, you would be surprised the gunk that comes off. I use methyl hydrate because that is what left brain had in his shop, but I am sure other things would work.

Have a great day all and always enjoy what you do! I hope this helps.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm your August card swapee. I tried to get in touch using your e-mail address that Kristina gave me but all attempts failed. I hope you get this message. Ive got your card ready and will post it in the next day or two. Been watching your daughters video. You are soo lucky she's lovely and obviously gets her talent fom her mother. A belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY from me. Lilian x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lilian , tyvm nice to meet you. email is
    mommahobbit@columbiawireless.ca

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the smiles!